Red-Handed Robin will be released in three parts! Parts 1 and 2 are currently available to play, with part 3 coming at a later date.
"All aboard the Whirlwind Express, the first ever train to connect the capital cities of Zephyr and Gales! Officially the most luxurious train in the world, no expense was spared on this ground-breaking maiden voyage. With one of our private luxury cabins, you'll be traveling in style as we make history on this cross-country trip!"
When career thief Robin comes across a boarding pass for the Whirlwind Express, she thinks she's found a literal ticket to freedom. With a case full of stolen jewelry and her loyal bodyguard at her side, she's ready to flee the country in style...
That is, until she runs into her childhood friend turned detective. Though he doesn't appear to recognize her, he keeps her under an annoyingly watchful eye anyway.
Will Robin be able to keep her lies straight and make it off the train with the goods? Or will her cover be blown, along with her escape plan?
Growing up wealthy, Robin had everything she could ever want... or so it seemed. It always felt like something was missing, and the pieces finally fell into place the first time she stole from her father. Longing for freedom and the thrill of the chase, she became a runaway. She simply can't resist the call of adventure.
Detective Wren has a keen eye for contradictions. Should Robin make too many mistakes or get caught in an especially egregious error, Wren may have all the evidence he needs to prove what she's done.
Jay is very protective of Robin (and perhaps a little jealous). If things seem to be going south, he may very well derail the whole plan. Accustomed to solving problems through the use of force, he has no qualms 'protecting' Robin by removing her from this situation, even if it's against her will.
Red-Handed Robin was made by me, HitOrMissy. Part 1 was made for NaNoRenO 2020+, a month-and-a-half long game jam that took place in March/April. Part 2 and the upcoming conclusion to the story, part 3, were made afterwards.
Parts one and two feature:
- A GxB story with two love interests
- 30k+ words (~3 hours total play time)
- 6 endings (4 bad, 2 "pseudo" endings that continue the story in part 3)
Currently, there are no CGs, but I hope to add some later!
A few quick things about saves from the previous version:
- As far as I've tested, saves from the previous Part 1 build will carry over as long as you didn't save on the "To be Continued" screen. If you try to load from the "To be Continued" screen, the game will end.
- The skip function considered all text to be unread, even though I had previously run through part 1 before loading the part 2 game. I don't know if this will be the case for everyone, or just me. If you're unable to skip and you want to go through parts you've already read, you'll have to toggle the "skip unread text" option on the preferences screen.
Red-Handed Robin's story contains:
- The use of alcohol
- Visual and written depictions of blood
- Visual and written depictions of violence, including gun violence, and violence against a child
- Mentions of suicide
- Sexual themes
Please play at your own discretion.
I post my art and game dev stuff on Twitter and Instagram! If you're interested in seeing any of that, you can find me here: